Welcome to MRT!
McCarty Real Estate Team
WELL MAINTAINED RANCHER, only a minutes walk to the heart of beautiful Comox. This little gem has a beautifully established garden in a private backyard, a double car garage and a 17x12 workshop at the back of the garage. With two natural gas fireplaces, bright skylights, a jetted tub and central vac, this house offers everything you need in the most desired area of Comox.
TOP FLOOR! Mountain views!! Attention 1st time buyers, investors or retirees, an affordable 2 bedroom top floor unit with mountain and glacier views from the spacious south-west facing balcony. This exceptional location is an easy commute to 5th Street shopping and eateries, minutes to the highway Connector, Nymph Falls Regional Park and nearby parks, biking and hiking trails. The flooring has been recently u...Listed by Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
Visit www.newportcourtenay.com. Open House Saturday & Sunday 12:00 - 3:00. Showhome is located at #13 - 2998 Kilpatrick Ave, Courtenay. Be the first to own in this fabulous new complex Newport Village pet friendly and next door to everything. Walk to all the amenities Courtenay offers including nearby shops, restaurants, gorgeous walking /biking paths and the water at your doorstep. Set a new standard of livi...Listed by Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
Fantastic 2 bedroom, 2 bath Patio home close to all amenities in Courtenay East! This one features a private rear patio, an ensuite and a large dining/living room, lots of elbow rooom and a cozy natural gas fireplace!Listed by Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
Beautiful one floor condo with fantastic views of the Beaufort Range. Spacious 1500+ sqft two bedroom with two bath in downtown Comox has a lovely open concept feel. A kitchen ideal for entertaining, two sets of sliding glass doors out to your patio facing the ocean and a huge laundry room with plenty of storage. This location is peaceful and private and at the same time minutes walking distance to all amenit...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015